Or should I say another day another diet? Oh well, it is what it is. Since my mother died, almost a year ago, I have gained back 40+ pounds and as you can imagine have very little to wear because I was very good at getting rid of all my "big" clothes as I lost weight earlier. Purchasing new "big" clothes is not an option that I want to exercise either. So, today is the first day of another forty day round of hcg. It seems to be the most effective method of taking the weight off for me.
I have been exercising at the local gym nearly every day for several months now and have two hour long personal trainer sessions each week and have been following a plan of 4 small meals and 3 snacks while eating NO SUGAR or FLOUR and I was still not losing. So back to what I know works for me.
My husband and I started eating a plant based diet last summer and we were both enjoying that but still no measurable weight loss. Then I saw "The Shred" diet on Dr. Oz and decided to change it up and followed that for six weeks with no measurable weight loss again. What to do, what to do? So I am combining the hcg protocol with my green smoothie addiction to make sure I get more nutrients while on the restricted calorie count. We shall see how it goes.
During the hcg two day loading period I ate a lot of sugar and white flour and boy do I feel bad! What was I thinking? How many times do I have to do this to know that I feel terrible when I eat sugar and white flour? It is like the addiction takes over, the mind goes to sleep and nothing else matters but the wonderful taste of something I once loved to eat, until the body starts to have to deal with it and the inevitable negative effects begin to overpower my body. Ugh, now for three days to pass to clear the poisons out of my body.
So I have decided to blog about my experience and hopefully it will help me to stay focused and achieve my goal to get this 40 pounds off again and then move onto my goal of even greater weight loss to finally attain my projected healthy weight which is about 100 pounds to lose in total. A worthy goal to say the least!
Working out at the local gym and having a personal trainer has been such a tremendous blessing to me. When I first started working out I had very little muscle strength throughout my body. Now I am doing things that were impossible in the beginning. I am so very grateful for Carole for getting me started and Karen for keeping me going when it seemed impossible to do so! And of course my husband for his continued support in what ever I am doing!
1 comment:
My advice mom is to keep working on your strength! You are making some amazing progress and I am so proud of you mom!
Post a Comment