Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Green Smoothie Girl

It was my Dad who first told me about the Green Smoothie Girl. He learned about her, I think he even met her, when he bought a Blendtec blender at Costco a couple of years ago. Having spent a lot of time helping with my mother I spent a lot of time using his Blendtec and learning for myself what a great machine it was it became my plan to buy one for my own home. Well after Mom died my Dad decided that he wanted to give me the Blendtec because of all the sacrifice of my time in helping them during a very difficult time. It was more than generous of him and sometimes I think that I should give it back to him because he needs to be using it. We shall see.

Anyway I have been checking out the greensmoothiegirl.com website and learning more about how to make a more varied smoothie. I had my standard protein drink but I wanted to do more. Come to find out the Green Smoothie Girl was coming to Boise and we went to her class on February 7th. It was great, we learned a lot and want to continue learning more. It was fasinating to learn what drove her to drinking green. Her son and his health was the foundational concern and it has grown from her blog about what she was doing to now being the third most popular health food blog out there. Wish I had paid more attention sooner but now is the right time for us because we are doing it now. It is Good Stuff!

No comments: